I filed my tax returns but didn’t have the money to pay. What should I do?

First of all, you have done the right thing by filing the taxes. Because if you do not file, you may have to face late filing penalties, which sometimes can add up to be more than your tax owing considering the compounded daily interests. For the tax owing, if you do not pay the balance then CRA may take legal action shortly that includes garnishing your income, bank freeze, put a lien on your home, direct a sheriff to sell your assets, etc.  By reviewing your situation, we can determine your best course of action. If you can not afford to pay the full balance right away demanded by CRA, we can help to negotiate an affordable monthly payment plan. For many other with no ability to pay, we can help to apply for tax relief.